Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My Picks

Lately, I have been watching a lot of television and have a lot of cool favorite shows. On Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays I have a busy schedule. And now I'll give you a play-by-play list of shows that I watch during the week. These shows are really awesome and I hope you start watching. On Mondays, I usually tune in to T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle and Hawaii Five-O. At nine o' clock, I usually grab a plate of food and sit down and get ready for some laughs on VH1's smash hit T.I. and Tiny. In this funny reality show, the inner workings of a rapper's extended family are highlighted along with his adorable wife. I really love how T.I. acts behind his career and how he tries to show his kids the true value of a dollar and life lessons. His kids are also a bonus because on each episode, they are always getting into trouble and making me laugh. You would think T.I. would be really uneducated and gangster due to his felonies and rapping career, but he turns out to be really nice. It's funny how stereotypes precede us. Then, at 10 o' clock, I turn over to Hawaii Five-O, my weekly dose of beautiful scenery and wise-cracking cops. As you all know, Hawaii Five-O is a reboot of the 70s long running television show, but better. In this reboot, there's a mysterious storyline going on on each season and a wild twist every two episodes. Plus, this one shows more scenery of Hawaii and all of its islands. That's my Monday nights for you. Then, I usually blank out on Tuesdays since there's nothing that comes on except New Normal. However, I watch that on On Demand on Wednesday nights. Then, I skip on over to Wednesday. Usually around nine or nine-thirty, I switch on over to truTV and watch my favorite towing company, South Beach Tow. Every Wednesday, Tremont Towing gives me a hilarious thirty minute run on their encounters with their repossession "customers". Berenice is always funny and is never dry or dull when it comes to knocking someone out. I definitely recommend this show for you guys, if you can handle it. That usually ends my Wednesdays and transitions me right over to Thursdays. Due to just three weeks ago, my Thursdays got real hectic. However, Thursday nights are my favorite night of television, and it usually kicks off at 8:00. When it's eight o' clock, I stop whatever I'm doing and click over to BET to watch Appollo Live. This is, of course, a reboot of the old long running series following amateur night at the Appollo theater. Amateur night is actually a stage which made some of the greats like Gladys Knight and Luther Vandross. So, I usually tune in to see a star be made, or broken. Then, at 9:00, I head on over to FOX to watch my favorite group high-school singers, Glee. This television show follows the ups and downs of high school kids who deal with worldly issues while singing in the school's glee club. This show features amazing singers, such as Amber Riley and Lea Michelle, and shows a lot of drama and comedy. After I'm done with them and have eaten my dinner, I switch over to ABC to watch my number one favorite television show of all time, Scandal. The Shonda Rhimes created show follows the life of political fixer Olivia Pope and all of her associates and members of the White House. And even though Olivia fixes major scandals throughout the world, she finds herself in an incredible lie herself. This show is incredibly juicy and scandalous, and will leave you breathless. I also recommend this show. That usually ends my action-packed night and lands me in a good mood for Fridays. Now, unfortunately for Fridays, I only have one thing to watch. During the summer, Tyler Perry's show House of Payne was cancelled to make way for another of his projects. The second season of For Better or Worse, which was based off Perry's movie, now fills the Payne's spot on Fridays. On Fridays, I put on this horrible-turned-good show which chronicles the lives of married couple Marcus and Angela and all of their hardships. Even though it could never fill the void of 'House of Payne', it hits the spot on Fridays and gets me ready for the weekend. Then, on Saturday, I wait until 11:30 p.m.to watch real television. Then, when it rolls around, I have myself a ton of laughs on Saturday Night Live. This nightly live NBC show, shows an array of comedians doing hilarious skits live. The host of the show also changes each week so the viewer doesn't get bored. The show has also jump started the careers of Eddie Murphy, Adam Sandler, and the outrageous Kristen Wiig. The most hilarious episode this season was this past Saturday when Jaime Foxx  hosted. Then, I end my week on Sundays by watching the hilarious Southern Belles on Real Housewives of Atlanta. This part of the Real Housewives franchise features the lives of Cynthia Bailey, Nene Leakes (who's on New Normal), Phaedra Parks, Kim Zolciak (who just quit), Kandi Burress, and new wife Kenya Moore. These women keep me rolling every week and always bring the drama. Well, that concludes my weekly play-by-play, but I want to know yours America. Send me your comments on what you like to watch during the week along with your feedback on what I have or haven't said. And, hopefully, I will get back with you. Tune in next week to learn about all your favorite entertainment and celebrity news. And before I go, I wanted to inform you that The Trial continues. Just yesterday, I posted chapter 5, The Lightning Field, and I hope you all enjoy. And for those of you who are interested in reading it, the address is brordon.blogspot.com. Until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment